Welcome Guest
login/signup

JustShady.com - Eminem Fan Site / Forum
Do you like us on Facebook? Dont't show this again
Please Login or Signup above to access the whole site.

Home | Forum | Downloads | Contact
Eminem Stuff: Lyrics | Discography | Biography | Pictures

Forum > Eminem

Is Eminem a Sell-Out? Part 2

#1 pins (Forum Moderator)Mar 19, 2011, 10:04 pm

Props: 19
In part 1 (http://justshady.com/viewthread/912-is-eminem-a-sell-out.html) I talked mostly about The Recovery tracks, and some why he hasn't a reason to sell more records.
But I've seen people that says that he has always been a sell-out since The Marshall Mathers LP.

Every Eminem song always has a purpose. Although he had been forced by their label to make "pop joints", he has always tried to get a view of his songs, which people only think of songs like: "Oh The Real Slim Shady was just to sell more records and getting more teenage girls to like him."
No, as example, the Ream Slim Shady, he had to do that track. When Eminem found out that he was forced to make another hit song so he became very angry and wrote and produced on his own "The Way I Am" which was the exact opposite of what the label really wanted.
But they wanted a hit single by him anyway. When he wrote The Real Slim Shady, which in he not only says that it appears that
people are beginning to imitate every single movement he makes, but also to end the fact that media and public associate him with pop stars. That is partly why you see that he puts the ass on one of the members of the Beastie Boys and dress up as Britney Spears.
Let us take another example, My Band, a lot of people think it's a pop sellout song to make the D12 more popular.
I feel sorry for these people because it is the same as I would say that Dr. Dre signed Eminem when he heard him rapping on a racist radio-channel.
Of course It's not true, but it is possible to find out if you are a good researcher that it was Jimmy Iovine that showed Dr.Dre a Eminem tape. But I'll say it anyway because I'm lazy and don't wanna resarch and so I don't really like dre or eminem anyway, so it is only good if more people do not like them either. And there is an Internet-romor started.
That was just one example, but I hope that you getting what I mean.
Anyway, My Band's message was that people would learn that the D12 was actually not just Eminem, the other members was as important as him. Eminem said in an Interview, that My Band is made for people to learn to know the other members, and that they are tired of being called as a band, when they are a group.
Do you maybe see a connection between My band and The Real Slim Shady?

And all his hit songs was on the joke for the most part, even if they had a message in itself, Eminem has said
that when he writes a song and he, for example, write" I need to take a ferry, to go and look at a bad perfomance
of Katy Perry. " He doesn't mean that Katy is bad live, but the artist happens to rhyme good at what he want in the text.
He says he has never met them people and that they shouldn't take it personal.

I think Eminem haters, or haters overall, is afraid of changes.
Let's say, Eminem listened to the haters and made every album like The Slim Shady LP or Marshall Mathers LP, then people would start hating because he just made the same shit everytime.
"By the time I don't change between my albuns, that's when I'm going to stop making music."
Let's face the fact, there will always be haters, no matter what he does.
People who loves his music even if he's always going through changes are much stronger fans than those who are stuck with the past.
Props for this post: eminemgurl, EminemandShady
"They blame it on Marilyn, and the heroin, where were the parents at?"
#2 ekisde (Forum Moderator)Mar 19, 2011, 10:08 pm

Props: 14
You don't get to 30 million likes without having a few haters...
#3 MrRShady (Forum Moderator)Mar 19, 2011, 10:17 pm

Props: 1
Nice text;)
Eminem is just himself, fuck those haters.
We know how he is.
#4 pins (Forum Moderator)Mar 19, 2011, 10:20 pm

"I can't change the way I am, but if I offended you... Good. Cause I still don't give a fuck" :D
#5 matyas_dragoon (User)Mar 19, 2011, 10:34 pm

Props: 1
nice dude ; )
Difficulty levels:
Beginner: Justin Bieber
Easy : Lil Wayne
Normal : Yelawolf
Hard : Busta Rhymes
Extreme : Eminem (while he's sleeping)
Impossible : Eminem (While he's awake)
Just completely unnameable : Eminem (When he's ready)
#6 H o o D star (User)Mar 20, 2011, 2:18 am

Props: 4
True man.

Hope for a part 3
#7 pins (Forum Moderator)Mar 20, 2011, 9:20 am

H o o D Wrote:
True man.

Hope for a part 3

Don't think that will come bro, when I posted the first one it felt like I was missing some stuff but now it feels like I covered the most.
Maybe when he drops his new album and people are claiming that it's sell-out it might come a part 3.
#8 EminemandShady (User)Apr 5, 2011, 1:48 pm

Props: 0
Daamn you putting your soul to this shit!!
Thanks for good reading again :P
Slim anus? You damn right Slim anus, I don't get fucked in mine like you two flaming faggots.
#9 pins (Forum Moderator)Apr 5, 2011, 2:01 pm

Thanks man! :)
Currently Viewing This Thread Within 15 Min: 1 (0 Users, 1 Guests)
bb

Copyright JustShady 2010-2012 | Link Us | ChangeLog
YouTube Twitter FaceBook RSS