Welcome Guest
login/signup

JustShady.com - Eminem Fan Site / Forum
Do you like us on Facebook? Dont't show this again
Please Login or Signup above to access the whole site.

Home | Forum | Downloads | Contact
Eminem Stuff: Lyrics | Discography | Biography | Pictures

Forum > Eminem

When I'm Gone subliminal message

#1 TheWayIAm00 (User)Mar 22, 2011, 8:15 pm

Props: 1
so we have all heard track from the newest 'Recovery' album of Eminem. In this album, he gives everybody the honest picture from his 5 year break from the game. Especially on tracks like 'Not Afraid' and 'Going Through Changes'. In 'Going Through Changes', he says that he was contemplating suicide because of his horrible addiction. Yesterday I was listening through my Ipod playlist and 'When I'm Gone' came on from 'Curtain Call' . If you listen carefully to the chorus: "And when I'm gone, just carry on, don't mourn Rejoice every time you hear the sound of my voice Just know that I'm looking down on you smiling And I didn't feel a thing, So baby don't feel my pain Just smile back" I don't know if I'm crazy, but it sounds like he is telling Hailie that when he kills himself, to know that it wasn't her fault and that she shouldn't cry for him. Please comment I'd like to hear your guys opinions..

#2 ekisde (Forum Moderator)Mar 22, 2011, 8:25 pm

Props: 14
Nah man don't think that, Em wouldn't kill himself beacuse he ain't Shady anymore.
#3 SlimShadyX313X (User)Mar 22, 2011, 9:03 pm

Props: 6
That is a very well thought, you caught in the song, but I don't think that Em meant that, when he kills himself for Hailey to not care and know that everything is okay. It's just the chorus of When I'm gone, and I think he's talking about what he's saying, but it was very good catch that you brought up in the thread, never really thought about it.

"That's Rock Bottom
When this life makes you mad enough to kill
That's Rock Bottom
When you want something bad enough to steal
That's Rock Bottom
When you feel you have had it up to here
Cause you mad enough to scream but you sad enough to tear"

#4 pins (Forum Moderator)Mar 22, 2011, 9:04 pm

Props: 19
Option 1. He tells Hailie to not be sad cause her dad got to work and can't be with her all the time, but that he still will be right there for her even if he is on the other side of the globe, and that all he wants, is her to be happy, but he just can't walk away from the game because then he will dissipoint his fans instead.
And you can also see that he hates too choose between this in the video. He loves his daughter maybe more than he loves music, but sometimes he need to choose the music infront of her.
As he says in talkin 2 myself he has hard to walk away from the game:
"My friends keep asking me why I just can't walk away, I'm addicted"
And "rejoice everytime you hear the sound of my voice" can be that they are talking on the phone alot when he is away.

Option 2. I don't really think this, but, it can be a message to the fans, because by almost that time, Eminem was going through big changes. He was killing Slim Shady, as he wrote in his book. Or have you ever wondered why he ain't bleeching his hair nomore and gotten more soften?
He don't wanna go back to that shit, as he said in many of his songs, and he maybe tells his fans to not mourn, cause he can't kill the whole slim shady, cause slim shady is part Marshall Mathers, and then he would kill himself.

But as I said, I would go with option 1 :)
"They blame it on Marilyn, and the heroin, where were the parents at?"
#5 MrRShady (Forum Moderator)Mar 22, 2011, 9:33 pm

I think its about he is "killing" shady.
And coming back as Eminem.
#6 TheWayIAm00 (User)Mar 22, 2011, 9:40 pm

Pins, I think you are probably right, and it is probably sending multiple messages in this song

p.s. edit: i believe that line was in 25 to Life

#7 H o o D star (User)Mar 22, 2011, 9:55 pm

Props: 4
Maybe is when he will be dead/ up there:

" And when I'm gone, just carry on, don't mourn
Rejoice every time you hear the sound of my voice
Just know that I'm looking down on you smiling
And I didn't feel a thing, So baby don't feel my pain
Just smile back "
#8 pins (Forum Moderator)Mar 23, 2011, 1:16 am

Props: 19
TheWayIAm00 Wrote:

p.s. edit: i believe that line was in 25 to Life

sorry, wrote wrong, meant 25 to life :)
"They blame it on Marilyn, and the heroin, where were the parents at?"
Currently Viewing This Thread Within 15 Min: 1 (0 Users, 1 Guests)
bb

Copyright JustShady 2010-2012 | Link Us | ChangeLog
YouTube Twitter FaceBook RSS