Welcome Guest
login/signup

JustShady.com - Eminem Fan Site / Forum
Do you like us on Facebook? Dont't show this again
Please Login or Signup above to access the whole site.

Home | Forum | Downloads | Contact
Eminem Stuff: Lyrics | Discography | Biography | Pictures

Forum > Eminem

Eminem: ‘Elton Phones Once A Week’

#1 LonniE (Owner)Jul 25, 2010, 6:51 pm

Props: 19
Rapper explains why he and Elton John have a close connection...

Eminem credits Elton John with helping him beat drug addiction and has revealed that the Rocket Man singer still phones him up to check his recovery is on track.

In a new interview, Eminem said the supportive star takes time out each week to phone him. "Elton John calls me once a week," the rapper told Spin. "He used to tell me stuff like, 'You're going to start seeing certain things you've been overlooking'.

“And it came true. I'd walk around like, 'Damn, that tree does look crazy, look at all those leaves!' Things I didn't notice when I was f**ked up."

Eminem was addicted to prescription drugs and cancelled the European leg of his 2005 tour to enter rehab for an addiction to sleeping pills. He has since revealed he considered suicide at the height of his addiction.

He and Elton performed Stan together at the 2001 Grammy Awards, but it wasn’t until the release of his Encore album three years later that Eminem realised he needed help. "When I first wanted to get sober, I called [Elton] and spoke to him about it," he explained. "He's somebody who's in the business and can identify and relate to the lifestyle and how hectic things can be. He understands... the pressure and any other reasons that you want to come up with for doing drugs."

"I reached out to him and told him, 'Look, I'm going through a problem and I need your advice'."

Elton battled alcohol and cocaine addiction through his early career. He credits partner David Furnish, who he met in 1993, for finally helping him beat drink and drugs.

http://www.mtv.co.uk/artists/eminem/news/231574-eminem-elton-phones-once-a-week
Get cheap stuff at DX.com
#2 Toohats (User)Jul 25, 2010, 8:32 pm

Props: 0
#3 sevo star (Global Moderator)Jul 25, 2010, 8:36 pm

Props: 3
Em have rapped so much about homosexuals and now he has a homosexual man as a friend. Nice ;)

Currently Viewing This Thread Within 15 Min: 1 (0 Users, 1 Guests)
bb

© Copyright JustShady 2010-2012 | Link Us | ChangeLog
YouTube Twitter FaceBook RSS