Welcome Guest
login/signup

JustShady.com - Eminem Fan Site / Forum
Do you like us on Facebook? Dont't show this again
Please Login or Signup above to access the whole site.

Home | Forum | Downloads | Contact
Eminem Stuff: Lyrics | Discography | Biography | Pictures

Forum > News

Heart Soul Detroit - Eminem Featured And Book Cover pages (1,2)

#1 LonniE (Owner)Jan 28, 2013, 9:19 pm

Props: 19

DETROIT (CBS Detroit) Fashion photographer Jenny Risher knows the most stylish images of the last century didn’t happen with clothes on a hanger — or even on a traditional model.

That’s why the fashion photographer had some of the entertainment world’s top icons pose for her new book “Heart Soul Detroit: Conversations on the Motor City.”

It features an array of images from Eminem to Iggy Pop, Lily Tomlin, Lee Iacocca, and fashion designer Anna Sui. They all share memories of the place where they grew up — the Motor City.

Risher started working on her tome in 2010 with help from friend and supermodel Veronica Webb, who also hails from Detroit. Risher, who now lives in New York, is a native of Mount Clemens who remembers Eastern Market weekends and her college years at the College for CreativeStudies.

“I said to her (Webb), wouldn’t it be cool if someone did a book of all the amazing people who have came out of Detroit,” Risher said. “For three months the idea just kept bugging me and I couldn’t let it go so I thought I would make a list of all the people I would love to photograph from the area and reach out to them, reach out to five and if they said no, leave it, but all those five said yes.”

But they just kept saying “yes.”

“Heart Soul Detroit: Conversations on the Motor City” was published by Momentum Books in Royal Oak. The show of Risher’s work opens with a book launch Friday at CCS’s Center Galleries from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday, Jan. 25, at the Manoogian Visual Resource Center, 201 E. Kirby, Detroit, including a performance and remarks from Motown musician Martha Reeves, one of Risher’s subjects. The exhibit will be on display Jan. 25 to March 2 before moving to the Historical Museum from July 13 to Sept. 29.

http://www.michronicleonline.com/index.php/local/news-briefs/9361-photographer-highlights-motor-city-icons-in-heart-soul-detroit
Get cheap stuff at DX.com
#2 morvarid (User)Jan 29, 2013, 8:26 am

Props: 0
I want it!!!!!!!!
#3 thebiggestfanyo (User)Jan 30, 2013, 9:11 am

I'm here again.again chrisma,this white talented ain't sth we look he looks to look like looks by that lookin
#4 eminem2 (User)Feb 1, 2013, 6:01 am

Props: 6
Amazing
(The life of this world is but playing and an amusement. Surely, the Everlasting home is better for the cautious. Will you not understand? ) Quran

#5 lorenautor (User)Feb 8, 2013, 6:35 am

i Want this thing. <3 love you eminem
#6 thebiggestfanyo (User)Feb 8, 2013, 10:46 pm

Are you a muslem eminem2?
#7 thebossizme (User)Feb 11, 2013, 9:17 pm

this book is boss. GO DETROIT!
#8 pins (Forum Moderator)Feb 15, 2013, 12:27 pm

Props: 19
That cover is so cool, damn..
"They blame it on Marilyn, and the heroin, where were the parents at?"
#9 akhil991 (User)Feb 28, 2013, 3:28 am

We love you !!!!!!!!!!!! Eminem Live For 100 Yrs
#10 Melorin (User)Jun 14, 2013, 11:26 am

Long live Marshal Mathers<3 <3
and Are you a muslim eminem2?Well I am!nice too meet you;)
I don't care if you're black,white,tall,short,
skinny,fat,rich or poor.
If you're nice to me,I'll be nice too you.
simple as that.
2 Pages:   [1] 2  >
Currently Viewing This Thread Within 15 Min: 1 (0 Users, 1 Guests)
bb

© Copyright JustShady 2010-2012 | Link Us | ChangeLog
YouTube Twitter FaceBook RSS